Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mornin'!

Brrr! It's cold at Lunaloca this morning. The porch thermometer reads 40 degrees, and that's on the porch where it's usually 5 to 10 degrees warmer in the cold months. No worries though, because the sun will warm things up, and this morning, what an entrance el sol made in our desert skies!


As soon as I caught a glimpse of the rosy sky outside, I grabbed the camera and snapped up these photos so I could share this beautiful morning sky with you.

I took lots of shots in a hurry. I was shivering and hadn't had my morning coffee yet, so I made it quick.


This morning's sunrise could be seen in every direction with pink and orange clouds everywhere. The photos below are the western and northern skies around 7 am.


It was like the proverbial rose-colored glasses; the brown winter desert was bathed in pink light. It was surreal and magical. And chilly.


The splendor stretched overhead, complementing the dwindling moon.


Good morning, sunshine!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena