Sunday, March 1, 2009

Alpine Murals Long Gone

It was so windy and cold that I spent a good chunk of yesterday afternoon looking for a couple of photos for a friend. He's asked and I'd promised (several times). It's taken so long to find them that I'm too embarrassed to show up in town until I have those *@# photos in my sweaty brown hands. As it turns out, I'd deleted them. Accidentally, of course, and that's another long story. Thankfully I'd uploaded them to a photo-service website, so I will at least be able to order prints for him. Whew--I will get to make good on my word after all.

Anyway, I didn't get much of anything else accomplished ... going through old photo files, for me anyway, can take on a life of its own. It's a time-consuming process, one that takes me down many memory lanes. Some memories are happy, others so painful that I couldn't even look at the photos, at least for now. Looking through archived photos turned out to be an emotionally draining process.

I saved some old favorites to my desktop, and I'll probably be posting some of them in the near future. In the meantime, here are some shots taken (circa 2003ish) of a couple of murals in Alpine that have been painted over since. Hope you enjoy a bit of Alpine's 'history' that's long gone now ...



No comments:

 

Made by Lena