Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Year, New Job

Southbound Highway 118 stretches toward the Christmas Mountains and home. Sorry about the bud-speckled view ...

The frequency of my posts will probably slow down, now that I've started a new job. The gig's at Sul Ross State University in Alpine. It's a 75-mile (one way) commute from my driveway to the SRSU main campus parking lot, so my day-to-day schedule has taken a drastic turn. I can see already that many, maybe most, chores will have to wait for the weekends.

The long commute's not bad, what with the great scenery and all. But it's not good, either; it's three hours of every weekday, and even though mine is usually the only car on the road, there are frequent javelina and deer sightings so I maintain a constant vigil for kamikaze critters.

The best part about the commute is getting to watch the sun rise and the sun set. Both events are usually glorious out here.

Of course, the kitties are very, very confused by this new routine, and they're very, very glad to see me when I get back home again.

A 'drive-by' shot east toward Nine Point Mesa, about 20 miles north of Study Butte. If you look closely you can see the nearly full moon shining through the clouds.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena