Saturday, December 6, 2008

Creative 'Getting'


Her: You know, I'd really like some Rosie's Overalls. I think I'll order some.

He: What?

Her: Some overalls to wear around the house while I'm working on stuff.

He: What's this 'Rosie' stuff then? I thought you said 'Rosie overalls.' That's what you said, right?

Her: Yes. They're some really neat overalls, designed for women, but with all the features of regular carpenter's overalls. See? [points to photo below]


He: [narrows eyes and looks suspicious] How much do they cost?

Her: Well, the coolest style is $45. There's another style that's more, but I like the $45 ones.

He: WHAT? For WORK clothes? For clothes you'll just work in and get all messed up? That's a little steep, don't you think?

Her: I know, but they're tailored to fit a woman's body. And see? They're shorter than men's overalls. [points again to photo]

He: [becoming exasperated] They're OVERALLS. They're just to keep your real clothes from getting ruined. And why would you need to work in something that's tailored?

Her: Well, they're really cute. And they come in pink or sea green.

He: [rolls eyes] Oh, I see ...

Her: And they'd make me look cute, and you like it when I look cute, right? [smiles cutest possible smile]

He: But $45 --

Her: Uh, well, they'd be a little more than that, babe. There's shipping and handling, too.

He: Good grief. Can't you find something cheaper than that? Like maybe, just old clothes you don't wear anymore?

Her: My old clothes don't have that loopy thing on the side to hang your hammer on.

He: [snorts and rolls eyes]

Her: Well ... I could go thrift store shopping next time we go to Austin and find some men's overalls in 'small.' That would probably be cheaper, but they wouldn't be pink or sea green.

He: I think you look good in any color.

Her: So I can get some overalls when we go to Austin?

He: OK.

Her: Promise?

He: Yeh, I promise.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Haha, I have the opposite problem! Scott's attitude is "if you want it, buy it." This is why we have NO money! :-)

Fandango Travelers said...

Hey Girl,
When did you get all cute and fancy with the background on your blog? I really like the new look

maewestern said...

Thanks! I like the new look, too. I found the template from a cool site at http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/.
(Thanks, Jocelyn!)

 

Made by Lena