Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to Reality


I had designated today as Weed-Eater Day at Lunaloca.

The past few weeks of intermittent rains have encouraged grass growth, even in the desert, and there are areas around here now sporting waist-high grass, lovely green but potentially dangerous.

Why dangerous, you ask. (I know, you didn't ask. I just talk this way to myself. Deal with it.) This far from civilization, the grass can hide snakes (my primary fear) and critters that may be after my cats (no, wait, this is my primary fear). Ripping and shredding said grass to ground level with a whirling plastic string becomes a priority, particularly while it's still relatively mild temperature-wise.

Unfortunately, after a good hour and a half of grass ripping and shredding, rock scattering and yucca maiming, I ran out of line. Looked for more in all the logical places with no luck. I had to resort to calling Steve at work to find out where he may have stashed it.

Rats! I was really looking forward to surprising him later today with a yard that looks like one!

After finding the line (in the third place Steve suggested), I find that I can't get the darn thing apart to get the line in. Even with a wrench. I feel like such a girl. (He told me this would probably be the case, but once again, I really wanted to surprise him in some way, this time with my brute strength.)

Oh well. It's lunch time anyway.

Tomorrow is now designated Weed-Eater Day, The Sequel.

After declaring said weed-eater dead, Niko checks it out. He's not all that impressed.

Ditto for Possum's kittens Paco (top) and Fredo. They have better things to do. Can't stick around.

And Hoodie? He never even knew what was going on.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena